Wednesday 22 December 2010

Tron: Legacy shmegacy


Chuck wasn't sure about Tron: Legacy either...
 I went to see a preview of Tron: Legacy courtesy of Show Film First (thank you!) the day before it premiered and wasn't allowed to say anything until it was officially released into the world. But rather than post something the next day like a lot of people probably did, I wanted to let the dust settle. And I wanted to see if anyone else thought that it was...wait for it.... a bit pants. I feared a cyber-lynching, so I kept my thoughts to myself for a few weeks.

But since reading snippets of online reviews and disappointed tweets, @Film4 in particular, I'm sticking my neck out and saying that I thought Tron:Legacy was..... meh.

I assumed I would love it because:
  • I sat in Hall H at Comic Con with thousands of fanboys and girls to watch the early footage.
  • I might be in it! For explanation see this post.
  • I *heart* Chuck, and Chuck *hearts* Tron.
  • It's Tron for frakssake!
However, my excitement at being at a preview, wearing kickass 3D specs and even getting an intro from director Joseph Kosinski didn't outweigh my disappointment and general boredom.

I'm not going to run through the blah blah plot or pick out the particular moments that made me want to throw my specs at the screen. But Clu? Come on, if you're going to spend years on a film please get the CG character who is supposed to look like Flynn to actually look convincingly like Flynn.

For me, Tron: Legacy was a big disappointment. I wanted to give it my heart, but it gave me a headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...